Firmahold Training Sessions with TimCo.
When we are finally permitted under COVID19 Guidelines and together with TimCo, we would like to arrange this for our customers but need to gage interest first.
Due to the FIRMA-HOLD range being BMTRADA and CE approved, past training sessions have proved extremely beneficial to nail gun operators using the TimCo range. An industry recognised certificate and operator card valid for a period of two years will be issued to each participant, and will cover each individual for the use, under EUROCODE 5 regulations for use in timber structures.
Nail guns are used widely across many sectors within the Construction Industry and with good reason; they increase efficiency and ease of a job. However, with all work equipment, there are health and safety obligations that need to be considered; Nail guns fall under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment 1998 regulations, often abbreviated to PUWER. This requires that equipment provided for use at work is:
- suitable for the intended use
- safe for use, maintained in a safe condition and inspected to ensure it is correctly installed and does not subsequently deteriorate
- used only by people who have received adequate information, instruction, and training
- accompanied by suitable health and safety measures, such as protective devices and controls. These will normally include emergency stop devices, adequate means of isolation from sources of energy, clearly visible markings, and warning devices
- used in accordance with specific requirements, for mobile work equipment and power presses
The aim of this training session is to provide our customers with detailed knowledge within the many different service classes, and product types of the FIRMA-HOLD range.
The training session will also cover
- an introduction to FIRMA-HOLD
- information, instruction and training on use
- safety of use
- suitability for use
- help and support
The session should take no longer than 2 hours, but we do need a minimum of 10 participants to arrange this with TimCo. Please register your interest by emailing: [email protected]